Monday 2 May 2016

Anna's Writing

The piece of art

Screams fill the air as ash creeps into people’s lungs and black ash clouds race towards the frantic people and their village.  A child’s cries are lost in the rumbles of the spewing volcano as the mother speeds away, forgetting about her distressed offspring.
Two workers, oblivious of the volcano, are wearing earmuffs and don’t hear the warning sirens or the screams. As they walk through the building site the ash envelopes them, wrapping and preserving their bodies in a tight cast, suffocating them.
Many years later these horrible deaths are showcased in a form of art, their bodies in a cast of ash, stuck in a walking position. This gives the illusion that they are walking through the wall.

Week 27:  Beautiful, Brown, Worried, Camera, Hard


Icy claws gripped my arm in the darkness. I knew that coming here was a bad idea. I pulled out my camera and shined the flashlight on a hairy, brown arm with long, grimy fingernails. The beautiful moon shone bright, casting shadows across the ground.
I was beyond worried now. I tried to shake the strong arm off mine but it was too hard. Claws flashed in the darkness and a strong smell lingered. Blood and death hung in the air like a curse.
“Ahhhh!” I screamed.
Teeth sunk in and blood spurted out. I knew I was a goner.

Week 26… but how come something so tiny…


The Tumour


As my grandad lay on the hospital bed, hands caressing mine, he whispered in my ear “Darling always remember that I love you and that I will always be in your heart”.
He places his shaking hand on my beating heart and says “Don’t forget me”.
“Never” I mumble back.
I hear a gasp, then silence. As I fall to my knees, sadness overwhelms me like a blanket.
The nurse comes in and says “Come now. There is nothing you can do. The brain tumour has already done the damage.”.
“But how can something so tiny kill my grandad?” I gulp.

She shakes her head and grabs me by the arms , pulling out. My heart aches to stay but I know deep down that staying won’t help anyone. Goodbye grandfather...



Week 25...so that is why i’m always last…


The Liar


“Hey Sam. How was fire-fighting training” my mum called from the kitchen as I walked in.


“It was ok but Andy tripped me up and so that is why I’m always last in the running races. I don’t know if they will let me become a firefighter if I don’t run faster,” I mumbled.


I raced up to my bedroom my face buried in my hands. I was ashamed of my tears because I was 18 years old and people do not cry at my age. We were tough.

Suddenly I smelt smoke. I knew from my firefighting training that I had to get out. As I passed the kitchen I spotted my mother’s lifeless body. A tear ran down my cheek. Goodbye mother...


Week 13...Wide, Orange, Crocodile, Within, Collapsed

As she walked through the zoo the only noise she could hear was the hollering monkeys eating lunch within their enclosure.
“I think it’s time for our lunch” my mum said as she passed an orange to me.
“Thanks mum” I mumbled through a mouth of orange.
We carried on walking until we reached the crocodiles. Crocodiles were my favourite animal in the world. My dream was to feed a crocodile. As we approached the enclosure we saw a zoo keeper, his eyes wide, asking if anyone wants to feed the crocodile.
My hand shot up. “Hmmm how about you?” he asked me.
“Yes, yes, yes” I screamed.

But I never got to actually feed the crocodile because right then and there I collapsed in excitement.



Week 12...Leg Sculpture…

The legend of the murderous legs

When night falls on New York  terrible things happen. Murderers prowl the streets, robbers steal and mysterious things happen. The deaths of two children who were wandering out alone at midnight are unexplained but the people of New York thought they had it all worked out.
“I reckon it’s those legs from that pot sculpture in Central Park” one distressed mother told the news reporters.
“Well, what else is it going to be?” said another person who would like to remain anonymous.
The once happy and quiet city of New York remained under lockdown as the deaths of five more people occurred.
“We must not panic or these ‘attacks’ will happen again” stated the New York  mayor, as he was leaving the office.

But after twenty more deaths it seemed all hope was lost...   


Five sentence challenge week 5 Fireworks

Fireworks

The little girl stood at her window and stared up at the sky, longing to be part of the celebration and fireworks. There was vibrant purple, shimmering yellow, midnight blue, tangy orange, flaming red, flamingo pink and lime green colours which sparkled in the night sky. Suddenly she heard footsteps and she remembered that she was supposed to be in bed! She jumped into bed and pretended to be asleep… it worked!! The matron peered into the room and then stalked off, thinking that the little orphan was fast asleep.

100 Word Chellenge: Week 11…Greetings humans of the earth…

Peaky’s Mission into space


“Greetings humans of Earth. While on my mission I discovered something unbelievable. I think you will be glad to know that when your loved ones die they are never truly gone. Last week I discovered that the souls of people who die on earth go to live in the Milky Way. Do you ever wonder why the Milky Way is white? Well this is because people's souls create the Milky Way and the ghostlike souls are conveniently white. So if you are ever feeling down about losing loved ones just remember that they are always looking over you and are always there to protect you.”



Week 24 “Alcatraz photo”
Fading Away


I am slowly rotting away, disappearing into the mist.
My vision is fazed and my sunken eyes are tired of waiting to see hope.
My body starts to crumble, mentally and physically.
I fell handicapped, like the world is a million miles away.
My heart longs for love but all I feel is loneliness.
Why did I, such an innocent person, end up here?
What did I do that made me so guilty?
The despair I feel is eating away at me from the inside.
The memory of what I did was darting just out of reach, hiding in the far corners of my  damaged brain.

I will die in this prison cell and I know it.  


Week 17 “Stairway to the Sky”
The Stairway to Heaven


A stairway to the sky. A way to escape the horrors of real life in its true form.


It was magical and entrancing. There were flowers sprouting from the banisters. A golden glow filled the surrounding air like a light of hope. There were butterflies flying around lazily. It was so calm like nothing I’d ever experienced.


I floated up the stairs as light as a feather. I wanted to close my eyes, fall onto a cloud and drift away. Wishes always came true in this world of wonder.


As I sailed away the only thing behind me were memories.

By Anna



Week 16 “...Suddenly…”
The Big Surprise


The family jumped out of the car, sunburnt but happy.
They opened the door and a smell like burning toast wafted into the room. The fumes were the first warning of the trouble they were in. But the family ignored it, thinking that someone had left the fire on.
Flakes of ember floated through the air but the family were too busy unpacking the bags to notice. Suddenly a raging wave of fire burst through the doorway and their baby screamed. They ran like the wind but it was too late.
The firefighters recovered the bodies of the once happy family, covered in ash and buried in rubble.

By Anna

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is really incredibly and I am very impressed by the language you use and your use of description.

    Really well done, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete