Tuesday 3 May 2016

George's Writing

Week 28 ¨...Picture Prompt...¨
The Morphing Wall

Why would someone I’ve trusted for all my life, why would he, kill her?
I turned away from my finished wife, and walked out of the morphing wall. The pistol on the floor, the blood dripping into a puddle onto the hard grey ground said it all.
I looked through the flamed down city, desperately trying to catch a glimpse of the murderer. Why I’m here right now, I don’t know. I should be up in heaven with my only love.
I turn back and fall, hoping to reach my death. I see white.

I didn’t deserve my life anyway.


Week 27 “...Hard, Beautiful, Brown, Worried, Camera”
Falling, ferociously, surging through the air.
Worried, worried that i’d die from the impact.
Not so beautiful water, welcoming me to the murky brown depths.
Time ticking, until I hit my hard ending.
My camera, urging to get out of my pocket.
Waving my limbs frantically.
I look up.
I see the reason for my near death.
My bike, hanging off a branch.
I shouldn't've put faith in my biking ability.
Readying myself for when the time comes.
Suddenly, the branch holding my bike snaps.
Great! My death is taking the shorter route.
There is a deafening splash.

My Death.

`Week 26”...But How Could Something  So Tiny…”


“...Personal Challenge: Punctuation Challenge… ? ! … ,  “

Why the smallest?


I, AM, UNHAPPY!!!” I  shout at the top of my voice. I might have startled the next door neighbours. But do you know what? I, DON’T, CARE!
Do you want to hear exactly what happened? I know your inner rage will come out.
MY MUMMY BOUGHT THE SMALLEST GUINEA PIG!!!! And how could things get any worse. Oh, I know, she called him Winnie.
But seriously,  how could something so annoyingly, excruciatingly tiny be real. My Mum said he weighed in at 2 kgs, 10x10 cm. I try my hardest to throw it into the bin.
It never, ever, works.


Week 25 “So that is why I’m always last”

I’m Unlucky

[The Gym, 467th day of school}
“Jason Kalen, step up to play. You too, Geton Lion, Nathan Londey, Oh and, unlucky last, Folan Gaelyn”

Uh! Last again, like how I’m last in everything. No surprise though. Funny story actually. When I was born, my Mum said I’d be the luckiest kid in the whole wide word. Not too believable if you ask me. Anyway, why you ask, am I always last?  Simple answer. It’s called Last Syndrome. Therefore, I’m the unluckiest kid in the world, being the only one diagnosed with last syndrome. So that’s why I’m always last.

Week 14 “As I Turned Around It Changed Shape

I heard gravel scattering away from my feet. I felt the wind rush against me, making it feel like I was on a treadmill. The narrow gravel road, seemed to get narrower.
I wasn’t looking ahead and crashed into a tree. As I turned around It changed shape. The  gravel road changed shape.
What stood before me was fantasy, it had to be. What stood before me, jaws wide open, was a grey lion head, obviously made out of the gravel path.

“Why have you trespassed in my land?”

I waited, trying to be still.


The lion head engulfed me...

Week 13 “Wide, Orange, Crocodile, Within, Collapsed
The Horrible Zoo

“What a beautiful day to go to the zoo” Mum said “We only live a block away.”
Dad wasn’t keen “Haven’t you heard the news? Just recently, the whole orangutan enclosure collapsed. All orangutans within the enclosure either died, or had serious injuries”
“All the better to inspect” stated Mum.
So we hopped into the car.
Minutes passed by as we got closer.
And there, just a few metres away were the wide open gates of the zoo.
As we passed the crocodile enclosure, we did not see the orange sign saying STAY OUT.
There was a flash of light…



Week 12 “Picture Prompt”
Mika

“This exact sculpture was made here in Hawaii. Based on the ancient Hawaiian tiki, Mika, this sculpture represents how Mika ruled Honolulu, and would have done whatever it takes to become powerful enough to rule the whole Hawaiian island.”

“Mum! Dad! Check this out!” I exclaimed.
Mum and Dad slumped over to where the sculpture was.
“What is it, son?” Dad muttered in a monotonous voice.
“It’s this Dad. This Tiki. It’s said that its spirit is right here, in Hawaii!”
“Don’t believe in myths, son. They’re never true”

Then, out of a bush, a transparent figure jumped into view...



Week 11” Greetings Humans of Earth”
WHAT IS EARTH

“Gweetings, Humans of earht”
“I come to save you world from a dreedful spreading Hobbie; Strete fites”
“Miy name iss peaky”
“I cum fom ta plant Marss”
“Me firs weason iss dat you wil get injured”
“You is Looking confuddled”
“You may no undustand mey, bute you shall here this speeche”
“Miy second weason is that people dat fite hav no bwains”
“I know dis may offend you peoples but it iss twu”
“My fird weason iss dat it wil encorage yonger generationss to fite like deir daddies”
“I canno imagine a world like dis, fiteing daily”

“WHAT ISS EARHT!!!”



Week 24 “...Alcatraz…”
Lifeless


Here I am, lifeless in Alcatraz.
They don’t care about anyone, they’re just ruthless.
They serve us rotten squirrel for breakfast and sewer polluted squid for lunch.
I know I shouldn't have robbed a bank, it’’s just we couldn’t afford anything.
This isn’t ideal, this place, full of orange coated criminals.
Why can’t they just be nice?
I can imagine my wife and son worried, just because of me.
It’s like I’m below everyone else.
I don’t expect for the next month I'm here, the police will treat me different.
I wish I was Jack Shepard, able to escape.


By George

Week 22 “...Violin, Eaten, Yellow, Airplane, Swept…”
The Long Trip


“You ready to go mate?” My dad says, excited.
“Got my violin, football, and clothes”
“Have you eaten your breakfast?” he said, “because my new yellow car needs a test drive”.
My Mum comes into the room. “You ready to hit the road?”
“No” I said sarcastically.
Dad returns to his speech “Ready for anything, especially an airplane.
My lazy older brother swept a cup off the bench. “Are we there yet?”  
“We haven’t left yet” I exclaimed.
We hopped into the car and left.
Once we got there we hopped in the airplane and prepared for the long trip.

By George



Week 17 “...Stairway to sky…”
Witnessing Death


Me and my friend James are diving off the boat dock when I hear a brutal splash. I look around and see a flash of a shark, then board shorts. I knew a shark had taken James. I dived down but it was too late. James was gone.
I had forgotten that I was in shark infested water. I quickly hop out of the water but fall off of the dock backwards. I feel my head bang against something very soft.
I close my eyes assuming I was in the shark infested water. I open my eyes and around me were hand rails. I stand up. I walk up this soft stone staircase. The Stairway to the Sky.


By George



Week 16 “...Suddenly…”  
The Biker Burst


I’m walking around the neighbourhood when suddenly a group of bikers pull up in front of me. One of them walks forward.
“They call me Ol’biker, I’m the leader of this club, the Biker Burst” he says pulling out a shotgun. “I’ve been waiting a long time for this, I’ve never found a kid like you” and then, out of nowhere, there’s a deafening gunshot.
I can’t see Ol’biker or his Biker Burst club, only bare smoke and dust. I turn around and see my Mum, shotgun in hand. I run over and give her a  gentle hug. “We won’t be seeing them anymore!”.

By George

1 comment:

  1. Great writing George. You have captured a mood and image well in each 100WC challenge piece. I liked the way you cleverly included all the words in 'The Long Trip'.
    Miss B @ VAS

    ReplyDelete