Monday 2 May 2016

Reeve's Writing

 Week 28 “...Wall Walkers…”
It Just Froze

It froze, I swear I did nothing, it just froze. It was a dare. I didn’t mean wrong. It was accidental. We were by the lake, not doing much. I was bored. So were Jess and Ty. It was hot, and I knew that behind our camping site was a small waterfall. We were already in our togs so it was only right. I dared them to run through the waterfall to the other side. Simple right? Think again. I told them the one with the least amount of water on them afterwards wins.
They started running and “thud”.

Concrete


Week 27 “...Hard, Beautiful, Brown, Worried, Camera…”
Strike A Pose


Camera flash, worried expression, brown shirt, hard but beautiful if mastered. Nerves running through my veins. It all comes to this... It started with me foolishly volunteering. I wasn’t thinking.

It was luck. I put my name because I thought I had no chance. I’ve never played football in my life. I didn’t expect to be drafted in. So I stand on the pitch in my kit and the whistle blows. Immediately a Camera flashes, a worried expression strikes my face - I’m in my brown shirt. The ball comes to me. I kick it randomly. Goal!!!!!! I can’t believe it.


Week 26 “...But How Can Something So Tiny…”

“...Personal Challenge: Punctuation Challenge…”
? ! , “ ” ...

I’m A Midget
On the 17th of August 2006 the world’s smallest child was born
His name was Tom.
My name is Tom! You’re probably thinking it’s me - you’re right. Don’t believe me? Right now I’m typing this on 3 baby stools, a highchair and I’m on the tip of my toes. Right now I am 27 cm. I feel so melancholy these days. I know I’m small, but how can someone so tiny exist?
School is the worst though. I hear: “Dude, why are you so small?
I hate my life. I wish I’d hit my growth spurt. I’d probably still be tiny anyway.


Week 25 “...So That Is Why I Am Always Last…”
My Morning In 100 Words
I am the youngest child and that’s not a good thing. It is a Saturday morning. Most kids would race downstairs and jump on the Xbox or watch tv or something. But not me. I do not bother rushing because I know Jess and Ty will get there first.
Next, breakfast. We’re low on cornflakes so I must get there first. I rush through the kitchen door to find an empty cornflake container and Jess and Ty stuffing their faces with the rich, golden crispy cereal.
My life is an absolute disaster. So that is why I am always last.


By Reeve

Week 14 “...As I Turned Around It Changed Shape…”
My Worst Nightmare…
My name was called. I totally freaked! Why me! I never wanted to, I never put my name forward! This was a mistake! But here I am standing in the middle of the woods at 11:00pm. I am the only one out here… Or am I? A strange dog appear with blood marks everywhere. I turned around and checked the time. 11:59. 5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second… My alarm sounded. I heard a noise. As I turned around it changed shape… I took my last breath before I was swallowed by the werewolf.


Week 13 “...Wide, Orange, Crocodile, Within, Collapsed…”
The Day ‘it’ Happened
I said goodbye to my family. I didn’t realise that was the last time I would ever see them.
The helicopter was waiting in an empty paddock. We flew to a dangerous land.
I got left in the middle of a huge clearing.
I had my knife, my canteen, my backpack and my hat.
I neared the edge of the clearing. Goosebumps pierced my skin. I froze.
As I slowly crossed the wide drawbridge within the jungle it happened.
The bridge collapsed and the last thing I saw was an orange crocodile with an open mouth as it ate me.



Week 11 “...Greetings humans of earth…”

This will change your life

“Greetings humans of earth, me is Peaky. Me come in peece. What me about to say wil change yur life.
Their ar many ofer planets apart from the dispicibil planet: earf. Earf is teribil planet were nobody cares about inviroment. Stop poluting and start resycilling.
How com yu do not seee the other planets in the sollar sistim, like Saturn and their plants and peepil? Saturn’s rings ceep dem alive. how com yu got no rings? Yu got too get rings.
Aha! Me hav got a idea! Me peeplil wil giv yu rings!
Be prapard too seee rings sooon. bii.”




Week 24 “...Alcatraz prison cell…”
Sad Life
Here I am, on my way to Alcatraz in a helicopter.
I arrive at the mighty prison. This place is a mad zone. I’m shoved into an open door.
“This way buddy.” The guard says as we approach my cell.
In front of my eyes is a disgusting rotting room. Is this it? Is this where I’ll die? The bed is a white sponge mattress. There is a small shelf and a book about Nelson Mandela. I am starving. The guards let us out for lunch.
I am risking it all.
I run.
I swim.
I flee.
And I hide.


By Reeve

Week 22 “...Violin, yellow, swept, airplane, eaten…”
Run Away


It is 4:30pm and I’m at my violin practice. I’m letting my imagination take me away. Every sound seems so real to me, even the faint sound of an airplane is amazing.
I am woken by a man screaming at me!
I can see the food he’s eaten earlier; he’s about to blow. Then the bell rings. I’m safe, I think as I’m on my way home.
As soon as I have swept the floor I dash.
Out the yellow door, past our VW Golf, past the driveway, past the end of the street, past the park.
I’m free.

By Reeve    


Week 17 “...Stairway to the sky…”
Up In The Air


I am woken by my senses telling me to visit the beach outside my resort.
There is a sensation in my chest and something takes me by the shirt. It is a tremendous feeling. Almost too much to take in. I fall to the ground.
I hear a voice, and then it happens. A majestic silky stone stairway rises out of the sea before my eyes. Something’s telling me to pursue my dreams. I climb it. I’m feeling strange, like I’m being possessed. A black figure haunts me in front of my face. It’s shouting.
There’s pain.
I wake up.

By Reeve

3 comments:

  1. Hi Reeve,

    I really enjoyed reading your piece, I found it really evocative and powerful. I loved your description of the jail and the reference to Nelson Mandela. The ending is very effective due to your use of short phrases, well done!

    Keep up the great work!

    Mrs Pratt (Team 100WC Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think your piece about the prison cell is fantastic and agree with the previous comment about the short phrases, really well used to build up tension and suspense. Really enjoyed reading this, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed by your writing Reeve. It is so very descriptive. Your piece called 'Greeting humans of Earth' has a good message to us all.
    Miss B @ VAS

    ReplyDelete