Saturday 11 February 2017

Shaelyn's Writing

Week 33 - ....In the Flash of Lighting....

In the flash of lighting I saw:
Glowing massive clouds,
Trees falling down,
Leaves of fire,
People running around.

At the sound of thunder I saw:
Terrified babies crying,
All the children running,
Worried mothers counting,
My father coming to me.

When the rumbling came I saw:
Houses tumbling down,
Friends run round screaming,
Children fall down crying,
Everybody sobbing.

When it all stops:
The lighting stops flashing,
The thunder stops rumbling,
The ground stops shaking,
And everybody smiles.

The happiness:
Everybody Laughing,
Babies are smiling,
And children and giggling,
As happiness floods through the land.

By Shaelyn




Week 32 - Spooky Burger


“I’m going to Spooky Burger,” I sung as I pranced around my room.
“Hurry up Simi” my older sister, Carrie called.
I scampered down the stairs. When we got there we sat at a table closest to the wall.
“What would you like tonight?” a kind looking waitress asked.
“Two cheeseburgers please,” Carrie answered.
The waitress sped off and soon our cheese burgers came. Carrie and I were talking when suddenly Carrie looked like she’d seen a ghost.
“Your burger,” she finally managed to say.
I looked behind me. Two hands popped out of the wall and were lifting my cheese burger through it. We left Spooky Burger immediately and ran home.
“ Well, now we know why it’s called Spooky Burger”.


Week 30- ...I just couldn’t eat something so…


Kidnapped


Caroline and I were walking home when a hand tapped me on the shoulder.
“Can I walk you home?” a man asked me.
I didn’t want to be rude so I accepted his offer. When we were away from Caroline, he put duct tape over my mouth and threw me into his car.
When I woke up, I was trapped. I was cuffed from head to toe.
The man came back in the room holding what looked like a worm sandwich.
“Eat this,” he said as he forced it into my mouth.
I just couldn’t eat something so horrible, I thought.
When he was in the room I stole his keys. I unlocked myself and ran home.
At home mum taught me a saying, ‘Stranger, danger.’


Week 29…the slime dripped through…

A Slimy Mess  

As night fell, my friend Shay came over for a sleepover. We decided that when my parents were asleep we’d sneak off to the old abandoned hotel. My parents fell asleep, so we put on our hoodies and set off down the street.
We walked into the hotel when Shay said,
“Maybe we should go. I don’t like it here.”
“Are you scared?” I sniggered.
She shook her head. We continued walking.
Suddenly something green landed on my face.
“Ick! It’s slime,” I said in disgust.
Soon the slime dripped through a cracked in the roof. I shrieked, and so did Shay. We ran home and hid under my blankets never to be seen again.





Week 24



Reawaken


Once before dinosaurs walked this earth, the gods were making land. In order to have the forest and green parts of the earth Te Fitiavana ( goddess of the forest and plants) had to give her life to grow things. The other gods buried her body. After many thousands of years Te Fitiavana was still buried. The legend says that one day she will rise again. On this particular day the people of Rotorua  were going to cut down all the trees. Riley chopped the tree that was on Te Fitiavana’s palm. The ground started rumbling and Te Fitiavana’s palm was the first body part to rise. Te Fitiavana came up.
“Sorry, ” she said sweetly.
Everyone bowed and they built her a house in the museum. Now, she silently sleeps and in 100 years she will reawaken.


By: Shaelyn


Week 23 - gingerly, yellow, remarkable, discovered, however.


The Secret Mission


Mataya walked across the room to Mike.
“ Take a cookie, ’’ she demanded.
Mike hesitated. What trick is she cooking up for me? he asked himself.
He gingerly took a cookie.
“Now eat ” she ordered.
She walked toward Kyle and mumbled something in her ear. Kyle’s long yellow jacket wiped across Mike as she past him.
“I need to speak with you, ” she whispered.
They went into a private room.
“Happy Birthday, ’’ all the spys sang.
“What a remarkable party. However there’s just one problem. Where’s the cake?” Mike said.
“Over here, ” said a group of spies.
Soon enough he discovered that the cake was right in front of his face.
“Aww! I love working with you guys,” Mike said.

By: Shaelyn


Week 22 - Laughter


My Best Find


It was a lovely summers day. Most people would be relaxing at a hot beach. Not me. I work for Mimi’s Mine so I’m in an underground mine looking for something. No one told me what I was looking for, I just had to dig until I found something. Soon enough I found something. It looked like a…. Actually I didn’t know what it is. I called the supervisor over.
“It seems to be a piece of pixem (fairy dust). Let’s go see Mimi.’’ he said.

I gulped. Mimi was the boss and she was incredibly tough. When we saw her she was really nice. She let me have the rest of the month off. We threw a humongous party and laughter filled the mine.


Week 21- ...suddenly all the lights went out


Darkness Forever


It was ten o’clock at night, probably when most adults decide that halloween is over. My bag only had a few lollies in it. I knocked on one more door then I started heading home. Just as I started doing that, I had the strangest feeling that something was watching me. I turned around to see an old lady.
“ Would you like a sweet?” she said.
I nodded so I followed her to her house. Her house was kind of creepy but I went inside anyway. She invite me to sit at the table when suddenly all the lights went out and a ghost floated through the door. Soon enough I was in the old lady’s tummy.

By: Shaelyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shaelyn

    I liked your 100 WC post

    1 thing i liked is that you can teach a lesson and show little kids what will happen.

    I read your week 30 post

    ReplyDelete